Tuesday, March 3, 2009



Miss Wonderful by Loretta Chase

BOOK DESCRIPTION
Alistair Carsington really, really wishes he didn’t love women quite so much. To escape his worst impulses, he sets out for a place far from civilization: Derbyshire--in winter!--where he hopes to kill two birds with one stone: avoid all temptation, and repay the friend who saved his life on the fields of Waterloo. But this noble aim drops him straight into opposition with Miss Mirabel Oldridge, a woman every bit as intelligent, obstinate, and devious as he—and maddeningly irresistible.

Mirabel Oldridge already has her hands full keeping her brilliant and aggravatingly eccentric father out of trouble. The last thing she needs is a stunningly attractive, oversensitive and overbright aristocrat reminding her she has a heart--not to mention a body he claims is so unstylishly clothed that undressing her is practically a civic duty.

Could the situation be any worse? And why does something that seems so wrong feel so very wonderful?


MY THOUGHTS
Although it is a Loretta Chase book and I love her writing I just couldn’t get into it. This is the first one of 3 and while most have raved about Lord Perfect I haven’t heard anything fantastic about this book. That should have been my first clue. Though well written I still found myself dreading that I choose that book to read this week.

Things I Liked
~ I did enjoy the sub-story of Alistair and what happened to him while he was fighting. And I did enjoy him as a character. He was something different and just when I thought I had him figured out it turned out I didn’t.
~ Mirabel was a likable romance heroine. She was strong willed, and strong minded, she had ran her own estate for years but at the same time realized that she would have appreciated some help. She was stubborn and that was annoying but all and all she was enjoyable.

Things I Didn’t Like
~ The overall story. The plot was slow to begin with and it all revolved around a cannel through Mirabel’s land that she doesn’t want there. So she matches wits with Alistair. And that’s about it there is no other plot. A total of 300 plus pages of them arguing why the cannel should or shouldn’t go through her land.
~ While there were other sub plots it still revolved around this and towards the end it was a huge abrupt change from I will not allow it through my land to Oh I love you I will do whatever it takes to keep you including a cannel. Seriously?

Rating ~ C

Additional Info
~ Published: 2004
~ Price: $6.99
~Favorite Author Book: Lord of Scoundrel
~ Author Website: http://www.lorettachase.com/

100+ books

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
20 / 100
(20.0%)



1st in a series

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
6 / 12
(50.0%)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment