Wednesday, March 11, 2009



TITLE: Feast of Fools
AUTHOR: Rachel Caine
COPYRIGHT: 2008
TYPE: young adult
PAGES; 242
SERIES: oh yeah
1. Glass Houses
2. The Dead Girl’s Dance
3. Midnight Ally
4. Feast of Fools
5. Lord of Misrule
6. Carpe Corpus (out in June)
7. Fade Out (no release date)

REASON FOR READING: I’ve loved the series from the start and wanted to see where it would go.

SUMMARY: {From goodreads}
In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town’s living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It’s only at a formal ball, attended by vampires and their human dates, that Claire realizes the human dates, that Claire realizes the elaborately evil trap he’s set for Morganville.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
This book started off slow for me even though it left off as a cliff hanger on the last book. I have to admit though I am starting to grow tired of YA books b/c of the main character. I just have a hard time dealing with the whining and complaining, not listening to anyone thought process. However, I also realize that they are teenagers and that’s what teenagers do LOL so it’s a catch 22

Things I enjoyed:
The book picked up by a third of the way through I was hooked once again. Rachel Caine has a way of sucking you into her world and leaving you there breathless. Claire has matured a little she still had her whoa is me moments but they weren’t nearly as long or as bad as before.
I enjoyed her and Shane getting closer and Shane holding back. He is a young man with a girl that would easily follow through but he is being a mature young man and holding off. He even knows his limits and doesn’t push it.
Claire figuring out the feast and the game was wonderful and I loved discovering what Amelia would do with Bishop in town. And can I just say wow on the cliff hanger? OMG lovely now I want the next one like right now.

Things I didn’t care for:
I didn’t care for the scenes where Claire was upset and jealous about the feast I understood why she would feel this way but I still wasn’t happy about it. I didn’t like that Shane had to go to the party but once I understood what was happening it made more sense.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping. Now that we are in the series fully I have a feeling I would read all the short books at once making a really long re-reading session.

SCORE: 8 out of 10

Anything Else: .This is a series you have to read from the beginning. Otherwise you are just lost.
***********
100+ Book Challenge
23/100

0 Comments:

Post a Comment