Thursday, March 19, 2009



TITLE: The Shadow Queen
AUTHOR: Anne Bishop
COPYRIGHT: 2009
TYPE: Fantasy
PAGES; 448
SERIES: oh yeah
1. Daughter of the Blood
2. Heir to the Shadow
3. Queen of the Darkness
4. The Invisible Ring
5. Dreams Made Flesh (read 2 of the 4 in this anthology)
6. Tangled Web
7. The Shadow Queen

REASON FOR READING: I fell in love with the trilogy and had to read everything that has to do with the characters I’ve grown to love

SUMMARY: {From goodreads}
The invitation is signed "Jaenelle Angelline," and it summons her family to an entertainment she had specially prepared. Surreal SaDiablo, former courtesan and assassin, arrives first. But when she enters the house, Surreal finds herself trapped in a living nightmare created by the tangled webs of Black Widow witches...and if she uses Craft to defend herself, she risks being sealed in the house forever.

But Jaenelle did not send the invitation. And now Jaenelle and her family must rescue Surreal and the others inside without becoming trapped themselves-and then discover who has created such a place, and why...


THOUGHTS/OPINION:
I really enjoyed this book. I loved being able to visit the world again and seeing my favorite characters going through yet another adventure.

Things I enjoyed:
I loved see Surreal in an environment where she wasn’t the strongest and showed some weakness it was a nice change for her. And I have to admit even though I would have pissed my pants if I was in that house I totally thought the house was cool and very interesting.
I’m so glad the villain got what he deserved and he did deserve it considering what he did to Teresa b/c that was mean and I hated him for it. But I love that she personally got her revenge on him. Classic

Things I didn’t care for:
There wasn’t much I didn’t enjoy. The book was spot on for what I wanted in the Black Jewels world and what I needed at the time. I got a fix without it hurting the previous books.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Sadly enough folks this was a library book but it is going on the To Be Bought pile as soon as it comes out in paperback.

SCORE: 9 out of 10

Anything Else: .You do not have to read the series to understand this book. HOWEVER, in order to fully appreciate the richness of the world Ms. Bishop has created you really should start at the beginning.

*******
100+ Book Challenge

26 / 100 words. 26% done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment