Tuesday, March 10, 2009


Hey everybody (hey Dr. Nick). Okay Feast of Fools is the 4th book in the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine and I personally hope this book picks up from the last one. The series is starting to face the problem I have with a lot of YA books. The immaturity level makes me want to scream.

And yes I realize when I was that age I acted the same way and yes I know that they have to do mistakes in order to understand and grow. However, I still get sick of the I'm right and everyone I MEAN EVERYONE else is wrong. Period. End of Story. No compromises. And of course no thoughts on the subject again.

The part that gets me is the simple part of when they discover they were wrong that first time they don't say WHOOPS my bad and learn from it. NO they continue to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over again. That's why YA loses me after too many books in the series.

This book however, has 4 count it 4 teenagers and thankfully they balance each other out. And thankfully right now they are all relying on each other and learning from past mistakes. They still have their immaturity and they still have the I know what's right mentality but now they have others to consider so they are watching it.

I am really hoping this one picks up b/c last book was almost a DNF for me b/c of Claire. She isn't maturing as fast as I would like and I have to remind myself that the timeline in this series is very TIGHT. There are a few days inbetween each book if that. So Deep breathe I am on page 50 and so far not nearly as annoyed as I was when I finshed book 3 last year.

I am going to try and post a review on this one in a few days and the previous ones will hopefully be a re-read for me.


Has anyone else read this series?

2 Comments:

  1. JenB said...
    I haven't read this series, but I did read the first Vampire Academy book by Richelle Mead. While I enjoyed the story, the "youth" aspect annoyed me.

    I find YA books frustrating. I don't know how adults read them.
    Sarai said...
    It really depends on the author and how annoyed I am with life in general on if I can read YA. Some I can stomach while others blech... This one I can b/c while it is YA the main character started off at 16 she is now in college and trying to survive.

Post a Comment