Friday, March 6, 2009



TITLE: Mine to Possess
AUTHOR: Nalini Singh
COPYRIGHT: 2008
TYPE: paranormal romance
PAGES; 328
SERIES: yes
1. Slave to Sensation which I plan to re-read this month to kick off my re-read challenge also the book club choice at Reading Romance
2. Vision of Heat
3. Caressed by Ice


REASON FOR READING: I read the first three and this one was calling my name.

SUMMARY: {From goodreads}
Clay Bennett is a powerful DarkRiver sentinel, but he grew up in the slums with his human mother, never knowing his changeling father. As a young boy without the bonds of Pack, he tried to stifle his animal nature. He failed...and committed the most extreme act of violence, killing a man, and lost his best friend, Talin, in the bloody aftermath. Everything good in him died the day he was told that she, too, was dead.

Talin McKade barely survived a childhood drenched in bloodshed and terror. Now a new nightmare stalks her—-the street children she works to protect are disappearing and turning up dead. Determined to keep them safe, she unlocks the darkest secret in her heart and returns to ask the help of the strongest man she knows...

Clay lost Talin once. He will not let her go again and hungers to possess her with a clawing need born of the leopard within. As they race to save the innocent Clay and Talin must face the violent truths of their past... or lose everything that ever mattered.


THOUGHTS/OPINION:
This was yet another fantastic read from Ms. Singh she has created a fascinating world that sucks you in and doesn’t let you go until your body is on overload. I thought the last one was good because of the psy being a guy. But for some reason this friends to lovers story (which I should have saved for my TBR reading challenge but I’m glad I didn’t) was even better.

Things I enjoyed:
This is yet another example of me actually liking the heroine which is weird for me and difficult for me to understand. Yes Tally had moments where I wanted to strangle her but not in the A typical way. She wasn’t tough as nails but yet she was strong, she wasn’t a fighter and yet she fought for those she cared about. The reasons I wanted to strangle her were her internal struggles of her feelings with worthlessness. And yet at the same time my heart broke for her because I understood why she had those thoughts. She was a fully fleshed out character that didn’t suddenly change her whole way to be with Clay. Tally actually grew into a woman I could respect and be friends with. And the love she had for Clay oh god the love it was perfect.

Clay was one of those cats I had forgotten about. Hard to image after reading this story but I had. I couldn’t remember him at all and then all of the sudden it came back in waves. He was the angry one the one that was the loner in the group more than V was. But yet nothing stood out about him. Until this book, Clay had a hard life he grew up as a leopard without a pack confined in a city. He fell in love with his mate as a child but was unable to recognize her as such until he felt it was too late. Clay loved Tally so deeply it was almost his undoing before he even got started. This was the perfect man for Tally to help her heal and grow as a woman and yet Tally was the perfect woman for Clay for the same reasons.

Things I didn’t care for:
Again this wasn’t a problem for me. I even enjoyed the subplots of the Forgotten I found them interesting and I wonder where else she will take it. I even enjoyed the M psy her name is escaping me. I guess to make an even longer point there was nothing I didn’t like about this story.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping

SCORE: 10 out of 10

Anything Else: I really think you have to read the first one in this series in order to understand what is going on in this book. This is simply due to the storylines tying into each other and the evolving storyline of the psy vs. changeling going on. Same as before but this might be able to be a stand alone. I still think you can get more out of it if you read the whole series though.

4 Comments:

  1. Tracy said...
    I loved all of her books. Ok, I only LIKED Caressed by Ice but I still liked it. Hostage to Pleasure is great as well!
    Sarai said...
    Crap I am currently re-reading Slave to Sensation and I am thinking Hostage to pleasure will have to wait until Branded by fire gets closer to releasing. I don't do well once I'm caught up on my series. I start having withdrawals LOL
    Shaymless Aymless said...
    Hey at least Blaze of Memory will be out only two or so months after BbF.

    You read Angels' Blood yet? Its a great Nalini-craving fix.
    Sarai said...
    Not read Angels Blood yet don't even own it LOL. Now who is in Blaze of Memory?

Post a Comment