Thursday, March 5, 2009


TITLE: Caressed by Ice
AUTHOR: Nalini Singh
COPYRIGHT: 2007
TYPE: paranormal romance
PAGES; 361
SERIES: yes
1. Slave to Sensation which I plan to re-read this month to kick off my re-read challenge also the book club choice at Reading Romance
2. Vision of Heat

REASON FOR READING: I read the first two and just had to read about the Ice Man.

SUMMARY: {From goodreads}
As an Arrow, an elite soldier in the Psy Council ranks, Judd Lauren was forced to do terrible things in the name of his people. Now he is a defector, and his dark abilities have made him the most deadly of assassins - cold, pitiless, unfeeling. Until he meets Brenna...

Brenna Shane Kincaid was an innocent before she was abducted - and had her mind violated - by a serial killer. Her sense of evil runs so deep, she fears she could become a killer herself. Then the first dead body is found, victim of a familiar madness. Judd is her only hope, yet her sensual changeling side rebels against the inhuman chill of his personality, even as desire explodes between them. Shocking and raw, their passion is a danger that threatens not only their hearts, but their very lives


THOUGHTS/OPINION:
Okay it was exactly one year ago this month that I discovered this series. Why it has taken me so long to finish it up is beyond me and I regret every moment I wasted on other books that didn’t hit the spot. This is an excellent book revolving around some great characters and a fascinating world. I heart Nalini!

Things I enjoyed:
Judd. That’s it in a heart beat I really enjoyed learning about Judd, watching him evolve into a great person, watching him struggle with his internal battle and external. And I loved watching him come into his own and take hold of his destiny and what he wanted.
Breena was a fantastic character I LOVED HER and that is rare. I loved that she survived one of the worse things a person could go through. She came out of it and made her life work. It was hard on her but she did it. It was hard on me the reading seeing what she had gone through and watching her try her hardest to survive and live with the terror.
Okay I’ll admit it I’m a skimmer especially when it comes to the sex scenes. Why? B/c usually I don’t care enough about he characters, or the scenes are pointless or worse just so off and out of character I roll my eyes and drop the book. However, the scenes here where Judd and Brenna finally get together are worth it. It stays in character they behave the way they should. And it fits perfectly and seamlessly into the book. In other words I read it LOL!

Things I didn’t care for:
Again it is hard to really put my finger on anything I didn’t like. If there was something it would be… well crap I know there has to be something… Oh I’m one of those weird people who doesn’t like the ghost story line. I understand its importance and I am dying to know who he or she is but I don’t need it in the story. However, it did fit really well in this story line due to Judd’s occupation. Did I mention it is really hard to find something I don’t like about this story. Maybe the council but then again they fit as well. IDK I quit.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping

SCORE: 9 out of 10

Anything Else: I really think you have to read the first one in this series in order to understand what is going on in this book. This is simply due to the storylines tying into each other and the evolving storyline of the psy vs. changeling going on.

2 Comments:

  1. Shaymless Aymless said...
    I heart Judd! *sigh*
    Sarai said...
    And now I understand why LORD what a great book

Post a Comment