Friday, July 25, 2008

Trainwreck


Okay thinking this book is a train wreck, you know what i mean (so bad you look away and yet you can't help but look back and stare wondering if your going to see anything) That's this book for me. I just don't get it AT ALL. If this was straight romance I would still be pulling my hair out. I get Sam is hot in fact he's the only reason I am still reading this book.

I'm on chapter 16 page 210 and nothing. ALL THIS BUILD up for nothing. A list its a freaking List over the perfect man WHO CARES I do that crap all the time (and yes before you ride my butt I am keeping in mind it's 2000 but still) Also the villain NOT so scary DON'T care. The main heroine who is Sam's next door neighbor is ballsy, brass, crude, and doesn't give a crap. But then after 1 (count it 1) kiss she's all boo hoo he didn't call me when he left town, Oh he must have a girl friend how can I be so stupid (HE'S A FREAKING COP UNDERCOVER DETECTIVE NO LESS get a clue he ain't going to call ya ALL THE TIME trust me I know I was married to one) Just b/c he didn't call who cares it was one KISS and dinner (ohhhhhhh) WTF Seriously grow up.

*deep breath* sorry about that but needless to say the heroine is rubbing wrong in all kinds of way. In fact the book is rubbing me wrong. I think it is the wrong genre to begin with (I don't usually read romantic suspense the few I do read suck me in ASAP) well I will give it one more day at lunch (Monday for those of you counting) if something doesn't happen I'm moving on to my first Suzanne Brockman (b/c so many people love her let's see if I can tear it to shreds too *sigh)
In case you can't tell I'm beyond frustrated.

7 Comments:

  1. Tracy said...
    Haven't read it and probably won't. I'm not a huge romantic suspense kinda girl but there are a few i like. Sorry you're not diggning it.

    Suzanne Brockmann. Love her. Are you starting the Troubleshooters series or another? The first in the TS series is very good, the second as well...but the 3rd was where it caught me and isn't letting go! :)
    Anonymous said...
    I'm not much into romantic suspense either. For me, the balance seldom does work, and from your comments it looks like this would be one of them, too.

    I love how you give your thoughts on specific things, especially the second paragraph. The reaction to the "no phone call" thing would have made me WTF too. :)
    Christine said...
    I'm still glad you read Mr. Perfect even though you weren't digging it from the start. I get a lot of your gripes with the story, I had some too. I enjoyed a few of the scenes and a lot of the dialogue, so that saved the story for me. I gave it a B- I think. I'm glad I borrowed it from the library.

    Many visitors to my review suggested I read Howard's Heart of Fire. Maybe someday I'll get around to it.
    ~ames~ said...
    LMAO!! I read this, and as much as I love this book, I realize you're right. I always felt that way about the List (its just a freakin' list) but this book for me is all about Sam. yum. LOL

    I'm not a big fan of romantic suspense either but one book that really rocks my socks is Count to Ten by Karen Rose. It was one of of my top 3 books of 2007. :P
    JenB said...
    The entire time I was reading this book I was thinking "WTF? This is so dumb", yet I couldn't stop.

    I liked it a lot, but really for no good reason.

    No, that's a lie...I loved Sam and I loved the Mustang. I'm a whore for classic cars.

    But the rest of it? Yup, train wreck. Then again, I don't care for romantic suspense at all, so it was a totally uncharacteristic read for me anyway.
    Sarai said...
    Tracy: I will start with the first trouble shooter I think However, I'm taking a break from RS to read a YA just to clear the plate so I don't judge Suzanne Brockmann too hard.

    Taja: Yeah there is something just wrong about this book. However, I am giving it one more of my hour lunch breaks then I am done.

    Christine: Well this is book 2 of Ms. howard's and I have to say didn't care for either. Maybe it can redeem itself.

    Ames: Yeah Sam is kicking serious butt but I don't think I will be able to finish this one unless something really picks up.
    I will try that one See I really like Roxanne St. Claire and I like Katie Reus and a few others but this one not working for me.

    Jen: I know right there is just something that is forcing me to read this. It has to be Sam. It has to be.
    Shannon said...
    Aw man! Now I don't know if we can be friends any more. :(

    This is one of my favorites. Yes, I think it is silly that all the hoopla is over a silly list. I just can't help it. I love it. Sam is in my hut. He was one of my first picks.

    I'm sorry you didn't like the book. Now I am worried you won't like Brockmann, either. She is one of my other favs. That would be truly sad. Unsung Hero is the first in the Troubleshooters series. It could be catagorized as Romantic Suspense. There is a big non-romance related plot. Just be warned.

Post a Comment