Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Alright new blog YET again. This time this one is only for Reading and Reviewing NOTHING writing related!

So here we go!

Currently reading: Gabriel's Ghost by Linnea Sinclair

Synopsis according to Goodreads:
Award-winning author Linnea Sinclair brings her special sizzle to science fiction with this action-packed blend of otherworldly adventure and sexy stellar romance.…After a decade of piloting interstellar patrol ships, former captain Chasidah Bergren, onetime pride of the Sixth Fleet, finds herself court-martialed for a crime she didn’t commit–and shipped off to a remote prison planet from which no one ever escapes. But when she kills a brutal guard in an act of self-defense, someone even more dangerous emerges from the shadows.Gabriel Sullivan–alpha mercenary, smuggler, and rogue–is supposed to be dead. Yet now this seductive ghost from Chaz’s past is offering her a ticket to freedom–for a price. Someone in the Empire is secretly breeding jukors: vicious and uncontrollable killing machines that have long been outlawed. Gabriel needs Chaz to help him stop the practice before it decimates Imperial space. The mission means putting their lives on the line–but the tensions that heat up between them may be the riskiest part of all

Thoughts so far:

I'm digging it. At first it was hard to get into. I love fantasy and romance but Sci/Fi is hard to read with all the technical stuff and new languages then you add in the new creatures and species and sometimes I get lost. But not Ms. Sinclair she does an excellent job at sucking you into her world that makes you feel as if you have been there all along.

Chaz is a heroine I am digging I like that she can take care of herself, she has some flaws but who doesn't and she is accepting (she might be slow at it but when the facts are there she takes it in, thinks on it and makes her decision.) A girl after my own heart.

As far as Sully I am starting to understand him better. At first I thought he was this cocky ego guy who was after the chase (yes I know its romance which equals HEA) but there you go. Now his secrets are being unraveled and I find that I like him more and more. And WOW there are some hot scenes. Whew!

5 Comments:

  1. Tracy said...
    oh heavens - another clog to check! lol

    The book sounds good!
    Sarai said...
    LOL I know right Actually I plan to stop reviewing on the other sight simply b/c it's destracting from my real goal... although the real goal is no where to be found at the moment... Aw well. This will at least keep things seperated for a while. I plan to clean it up tonight.
    KT Grant said...
    Remember.... SULLY'S MINE!!
    carry on...
    Shaymless Aymless said...
    Now now Blossom. Sharing is good! ^_~
    Sarai said...
    Ha Sully is great does he have wings? b/c I am thinking he does and I'm about 1/3 of the way through and not to the SURPRISE part.

    Totally digging Ren too but don't think I can get down with 6 fingers... Although...

Post a Comment