Thursday, July 24, 2008



Okay I didn't get to read as much as normal b/c I didn't take a lunch break. I will announce why that is some other time. Right now what is important is the fact that Sam D. is hawt and not just a little hot but he's starting to grow on me and I HATE cops and detectives as heroes (personal thing) but I do enjoy him.

I have gone through the car washing scene and the reporters and I am beginning to wonder if anything is EVER going to happen in this book. Is it suspense or romance. If it is just romance then I am one happy girl b/c I like the intereactions. However, if it is suppose to be suspense I ain't feeling it. AT ALL. I got nothing. Is it ever going to happen? So far a phone call that even I would have blown off with a roll of my eyes and moved on.

Not scary folks. So someone tell me is this a ROMANCE or a SUSPENSE? So that I can approach it with a more open mind.

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I came over here to say thank you for stopping by J. Kaye's Book Blog, but your blog blew me away and I had to read a few posts before commenting. I love it here! I love how you comment on the same book, but in segments. That is too neat and very unique. Also I haven't hear of some of these authors.

    Anyway, hope you don't mind, but I'll be spotlighting your blog in a few. This one is too neat not to tell others about.
    Bookfool said...
    It's a romantic suspense (Linda Howard is marketed in the romance section), so it's supposed to be suspenseful. I read mine in 2001, though, so I don't remember it all that well -- apart from the fact that the cop/neighbor was a really hunky character. Still have it on the shelf, since it's autographed.

    It's J.Kaye's fault I found you, btw. :)
    Sarai said...
    I don't mind at all JKaye: I get in trouble at my other blog b/c its suppose to be about writing and a lot of people don't get why I like a book or not. So I thought if I broke it down as I read POOF they would understand better how my mind works... Not sure if thats a good thing or not.
    Thanks!!!

    Bookfool: Oh don't get me wrong the hero is SUPER HAWT I just can't seem to figure out why its taking so long for the action *sigh* maybe I'm just stumped.
    Christine said...
    I think Mr. Perfect is both romance and suspense, but not strong in either of those categories in my humble opinion.
    Sarai said...
    Christine: I think you're right it is not doing much in either for me.
    Enchanted by Books said...
    I read this book YEARSSSS ago so I can't remember it much but I do remember liking it. I don't think it was very suspenseful but I did enjoy it. Not all romantic suspense authors have alot of suspense. Some are more heavy on the romance and lighter on the suspense. Quite a few of the authors that I've read are more heavy on the suspense so I am surprised too when I come across one that isnt. Just remember it is in the romance genre and not all of them are very suspenseful. If you are looking for a really suspenseful and scary read...May I suggest Fear No Evil by Allison Brennan. That is TRULY suspenseful. :)

Post a Comment