Saturday, February 14, 2009

Willow Bend by Ally Blue

TITLE: Willow Bend
AUTHOR: Ally Blue
COPYRIGHT: 2002
TYPE: M/M romance
PAGES; 216 ebook
SERIES: no

REASON FOR READING: Ally was kind enough to give a free copy away on Wave’s site and I managed to snatch it up.



SUMMARY: {From Goodreads}
Can two men from different worlds cut the ties binding them to heartaches past and present, and make a life together? For Paul Gordon, the little town of Willow Bend, South Carolina is the perfect place to start over. A place where he can move on after his lover's death, alone and anonymous. Cory Saunders is just trying to survive. Between working two jobs and caring for his ailing mother, it's all he can do to keep his head above water. When Paul and Cory meet, their mutual attraction is undeniable. When the intense physical attraction starts to blossom into something deeper, neither wants to admit to what's happening. Cory doesn't have time for a relationship, and Paul isn't sure he's ready for one. But sometimes, what you thought you couldn't have turns out to be exactly what you need.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
This book is what I classify as a fluff read. Its something that is quick and easy, leaves you satisfied. Like I said it was a quick read nothing complicated in it. The only parts that were off involved death and seeing how I’m not a guy but a girl I know I would have reacted differently to the situation.

Things I enjoyed:
I enjoyed Cory and Paul they are both believable characters. I felt Paul’s pain at losing a loved one and I felt Cory’s pain of being an only child and the guilt that comes with that when your parent is sick. I understood why Cory did what he did and why he worked as hard as he did to take care of his mom. I also understood why Paul felt the need to get away after what happened to him back home. The romance was quick and hot. A little quicker than I would have liked but then again it fit the characters.

Things I didn’t care for:
Although the relationship was felt solid at times at other times I felt like it was rushed. Then again I am a very logical person and have never told anyone I love them within a span of a month. Also it felt like Cory was a little young for the relationship they were trying to build. And I thought moving in together after only 6 months was really rushing things. Than again like I said this was a fluff read and although I wouldn’t in real life do these things I can’t say it didn’t work for these two. I think it only felt this way b/c I know in real life it wouldn’t work but I found with the writing that it did? IDK make of that what you will.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? Yes she was new and yes I plan to read more of her writing

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping

SCORE: 7 out of 10
*****************


100+ Book Challenge

10 / 100 words. 10% done!

Ebook Challenge

7 / 10 words. 70% done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment