Thursday, February 19, 2009




TITLE: Seduce me at Sunrise
AUTHOR: Lisa Kleypas
COPYRIGHT: 2008
TYPE: historical romance
PAGES; 360
SERIES: yes
1. Mine Until Midnight

REASON FOR READING: Love the Wallflower series which led me to the Hathaway series

SUMMARY: {From goodreads}
He has tried hard to forget her.
Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins--and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation...and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.
Can she remember the man he once was?
Then, Win returns to England...only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It's now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny--or risk losing the only woman he has lived for...


THOUGHTS/OPINION:
Yeah finally I was able to read this book. And yep I did it in one day at work like I have with her others in this series and the one before. Lisa just has that way of writing that sucks you in and doesn't let you go. I enjoyed reading about Amelia and Cam and how thier marriage had progressed I loved the twist and turns in this book as well.

Things I enjoyed:
Without giving too much away I enjoyed the twist that I could see coming half way through but was thrilled about it afterwards. I loved learning more about Cam and Kev and their history with the tats and of course their gypies background. I really enjoyed watching Kev suffering as he struggled with giving up his love b/c he thinks she deserves better than what he can give her. I really felt the love he had for her and that he would do anything, including giving her up, if that is what she wanted.

Things I didn’t care for:I didn't care for the doctor I thought his storyline was silly and not needed. Even though he did play a part at the end I still think they could've done without it.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? Nope I’ve read her before many a times

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping

SCORE: 9 out of 10

Anything Else: Even though you don't need to read the others in this series I highly recommend it.

4 Comments:

  1. Tracy said...
    I know I keep saying I'm going to read her historicals...I just need to DO IT! lol

    Glad you liked it.
    Shannon said...
    Wasn't it just lovely? I especially like when he finally caved. ::Sigh:: So manly, yet would lay down and die for her.

    So who do we get next? Their brother?
    Shaymless Aymless said...
    I liked it as well...

    Shannon: Definitely thinking it's going to be the brother next... probably something at Noon... just a guess. ~_^
    Sarai said...
    Tracy: OMG What a crime you haven't read her yet? For shame *wink*

    Shannon: OH yes he did it in a way that I totally melted! I want a Kev or a Cam...
    I think its going to be the brother with the governess. If I were a betting person!

    Aymless: LOL your probably right Nookie at Noon or something LOL

Post a Comment