Monday, February 2, 2009

The Englor Affair by J L Langley

BOOK DESCRIPTION: From Goodreads:
In hiding who he was, Payton found himself-and the man he would grow to love.
After his brother is kidnapped, Prince Payton Townsend masquerades as an Admiral-s assistant in order to track the culprits through the tangled mysteries of the planet Englor. He finds way more than he bargained for in the form of Marine Colonel Simon Hollister.
Simon is no ordinary soldier. He-s heir to Englor and his life is mapped out for him: throne, bride, and eventually an heir. He never expected a dalliance with Payton to blossom into love, or that the organization that taught him to lead would threaten that love-and their lives.
Danger and intrigue abound as they learn more about their shared enemy, and about each other. What they learn could help them rise above to an enduring love-or pull them apart.

MY THOUGHTS
Things I Liked:
Pay and Si’s relationship. It started off with Si wanting to protect Pay and not realizing that he was fully capable of it himself. But when Si realizes this it was almost too late. I love the playful banter they have back and forth and how Si fell in love with Pay. It was cute to see him agree to a marriage but in secret to be happy about it. I love that Pay held his own with Si and didn’t stop doing what he does best playing with computers and taking charge in that area.
I also enjoyed the ending even though it had the dreaded Miscommunication they were still able to realize their love for each other and work through it. Unlike a lot of romance books that solely focus on drawing it out as long as possible this wrapped it up quickly and even had them both saying they were sorry instead of one party taking sole responsibility.

WARNING SPOILER!

I love that Payton feeling that he was wronged and unloved left without a major scene. He proved his point, he left a note and did what he thought was best. That is rare in real life and even rarer was Si going after him. So sweet and touching.

SPOILER OVER!!!

I enjoyed finding more out about both planets and how their societies worked. I really enjoyed learning what the differences were and I am dying for another!

Things I Didn’t Like:
Can I just say the jock strap scene and the whole sex scene in general with that particular device I could have lived without ever reading. No it wasn’t hot to me and no it wasn’t a turn on and yet I felt like it was a train wreck I couldn’t stop reading. LOL call me old fashion but if a guy did that to me I would gag from disgust LOL

Rating
8 out of 10

Additional Info
Make sure to read My Fair Captain first I really think this helps with the understanding of this book and the relationships already established. Not to mention this book pretty much takes off where the last one ended.

~ Published: 2008

~ Price: $5.50 in ebook
http://samhainpublishing.com/romance/the-englor-affair

~Favorite Author Book
My Fair Captain (Nate is just perfect)

~ Author Website
http://www.jllangley.com/jllangley/Home.html

*****************
100+ book challenge


7 / 100 words. 7% done!

Ebook Challenge


6 / 10 words. 60% done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment