Thursday, February 12, 2009

Well...

Mom is doing better. They found a block in her heart at 99% but were able to put a stint in. She is at home and resting. Although a little ticked that her diet is going to change. LOL! Mine as well so maybe this is what we both needed for a good kick in the pants on getting healthy.


While at the hospital I managed to finish 2 books. Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris. This is the 2nd book in the Harper Connely mystery. It had been awhile since I read the first one but this takes place a few months after. Was pretty good. I enjoy Harper and her step-brother although I think she might be heading for them to have a relationship and even though they aren't blood and moved in together when they were 16 I still find that mildly gross... A more detailed review to follow either today or later this week


The 2nd book was A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb. This was a little different from what I normally read. It involved ghost and I have to say was very interesting for a YA book. This is one I would recommend for those who enjoy YA (and yes there was sex) and those who enjoy a book about ghost, no not hauntings but about how a ghost would live their life (after death life I mean) very good. Again review to either follow today or this week.
Other than that not much going on. I need to write 4 reviews and finish reading the Ecstasy its okay not something I am rushing to finish right now. That could be due to the amount of world building that I have to learn while reading. And right now I'm just not up to it. But hopefully I can finish by this weekend.
How about you what are you guys reading?

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Glad she is home and a better diet is a good thing...lol! I'll keep her in my prayers as well as you. This isn't easy on you. Be good to yourself.

Post a Comment