Monday, February 23, 2009



Marked by Passion by Kate Perry

Back Blurb from book!
Rules for the (very) reluctant guardian of the scroll !) Don’t lose the above artifice you’ve inherited from your ancestors – no matter how much it starts messing up your life. 2) Do Learn how to control its powers (And yes, that means putting up with uber-complicated guardian lessons from your father’s meddling ghost.) 3. Don’t trust anyone. Especially Rhys, the mysterious bad boy who’s always one step ahead of you… and as irresistible as sin. 4. Do anything to keep the scroll from landing in the wrong hands. Even if that brings on a a heartbreaking betrayal, an evil you never saw coming, and a choice you may not live to regret.

MY THOUGHTS
This book was okay for a first in a series. I did enjoy the scroll aspect and the guardian being seeped in Chinese history. It was a little predictable and I could tell what the heartbreaking betrayal was going to be half way through the book. However, if you don’t mind first person POV and a tough gal as the main heroine this is the book for you!

Things I Liked
~ I like Rhys even though he appeared to be perfect he was very mysterious and actually kept my attention throughout the book.
~ I enjoyed the ghost aspect. Usually I don’t care for them but this was done well. A father that wants to make sure this possession and responsibility was taken care of even after death.

Things I Didn’t Like
~ The main heroine. She was too pig headed and proud. She wouldn’t learn anything about the scroll. I get that something bad happened the first time she had it and her father blamed her but seriously get over it. You know it has A LOT of power but yet you don’t want to learn anything about it?
~ It was told in first person POV just not something I enjoy reading.

Rating B

Additional Info
~ Published 2009

~ Price $6.99

~Favorite Author Book this is the first book I’ve read by this author

~ Author Website http://www.kateperry.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment