Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So far so good. This takes the story of Sleeping Beauty to a WHOLE new level. And seeing how Sleeping Beauty is my FAVORITE Disney/Fairytale I have to say on the whole I'm impressed. So far...

Let me see plot in a nutshell... Rose was put to sleep by the fairies only to be awoken early when she went into labor with an ogre's child. She was raped and got pregant. When she woke up she saw him trying to eat her and the children (I think, I've gathered this mainly through flashbacks) Currently Rose is in charge of wiping out the ogre population and does it well with the help of Ambrosa a fey advisor and Garthe a vampire. One will betray her according to the back blurb and one will save her but who will do what is so far a mystery.

If I had to pick which one I like the best I'd go with the fey only b/c he's pretty and yet with drawn you know never shows his emotions sort of guy LOL.

Okay here's the blurb:
For nearly one hundred years, Rosemarie Edenberg has worked tirelessly to wipe the dreaded ogre tribe from the earth. Now the tribe has gathered in London to work a spell that will destroy the scourge of their kind, the one they call the Briar Rose. Two magnetic men will unite to aid Rose--her mysterious fey advisor, Ambrose, and the vampire Lord Shenley, an earl of scandalous reputation and even more scandalous appetites. One will save her, one will betray her, and both will challenge her to face the past that haunts her. Once upon a time, she was ensnared in the mists of enchantment, cursed to sleep one hundred years. But this beauty wasn't awakened with a kiss and has never known happily ever after. But with the help of her handsome allies, Rose may find it yet.

Interesting no?

2 Comments:

  1. Renee said...
    This was a great read! I can't wait for book 2, The Prince of Frogs later this year. Hope you enjoy the rest of it as much as I did! :-)
    Sarai said...
    What's the 2nd one about? Does it have the characters from the first one in it?

Post a Comment