Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not a bad read. This was my first book by Ms. Lackey and I can say I will be picking up the next in the series. I enjoyed the twist on the fairy tales and how Godmothers play a role. Had a romance in it which was always a bonus.

I enjoyed both characters and thought that Elena was a great Godmother. Her story line was suppose to follow Cinderella but didn't have the HEA she thought she would get. So instead she becomes an Apprentice to a Godmother to eventually run that kingdom on her own. The only part I question was where in the world did Bella go when she handed over the reins to Elenda? Does anyone know?

I plan to start One Good Knight next week taking a small break to read Broken Wing I think. Anyway has anyone else out there read this series? How many are in it so far?

2 Comments:

  1. Amy C said...
    I want to try some Mercedes lackey sometime. I have a list of books that were recommended. I just need to order the first one!
    Sarai said...
    This was the first on in the 500 Hundred kingdom series and very good I really enjoyed it.

Post a Comment