Thursday, June 18, 2009

DNF

Another one bites the dust and lands in the DNF pile. That would One Good Knight. I just couldn't bring myself to finish that damn book. It kept irritating me with the whole plot thing and the fact that the names were different but didn't even remotely follow the fairy tale they were set up to follow irked the crap out of me. So I said good bye to it. Which sucks b/c it would have qualified for my 2nd in a series challenge which I am sorely lacking...

So now I've moved on to Scandal by Carolyn Jewel, Keeping it Real, and Left Behind. Figured I'd try 3 totally different books in hopes of clearing out the cobwebs and jumping back on the bandwagon sort to speak.

Alright well has anyone read any of these books? Which should I start with?

3 Comments:

  1. Renee said...
    That's too bad about the Lackey. I haven't read her before, though I keep hearing good things about her books.

    Scandal is my favorite historical published this year, so I'd recommend that. However, I'm intrigued by Keeping it Real. I haven't heard of it, but the cover in the sidebar looks interesting!
    Sarai said...
    Renee: Lackey was a good writer now I think she just writes for the money. Or at least that is what I gather from her long time fans. The first book was great but this one not so much.

    Keeping it real is about an elf rock band and a human whose been made into a robot. My friend swears its good LOL. So we shall see. That will be my weekend book.

    So far Scandal is pretty good.
    Renee said...
    I've had an old uf of Lackeys (Burning Water) on my tbb list for ages. Though I've heard great things about her Valdemar series, I'm not much for high fantasy. (I'm more of a fantasy-romance or fantasy-lite girl.)
    Hope Scandal works better for you. Glad you're enjoying it so far.
    Umm...I think I'l wait to see what you think about Keeping it Real. lol However, in that vein, is the excellent War for the Oaks by Emma Bull. It's about a rock band in the 80s in Minneapolis, and there's a fae war. Great stuff!

Post a Comment