Monday, May 11, 2009

WOW I still don't know what it is about this book that sucked me in. Maybe it was the story, or the characters or that it was in 1st person POV but something about this story sucked me and I didn't even realize it was doing it. I have to say the first half moved so slowly that I was a bit surprised I hadn't given it up yet. And then I realized by the last half that I couldn't give it up. But for reasons I don't yet understand.

Worse I just requested the next one in the series LOL I'm surprised and trying to decide if this is a wise decision or not. However, I will say if you like Victorian England and/or like mysterys you will enjoy this book. The first one sets up the characters and that might be why it moved so slow while the others hopefully should move faster.

The mystery was generally good I didn't know who did it until the end which is good and made sense. In a way I feel bad for Julia (I will not explain that yet) Formal review to follow on challenges site within the next week or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment