Friday, May 15, 2009

Ghostland by Jory Strong

Yeah I just couldn't get into this one. I tried I really did especially with Lesley and Katiebabs telling me that it picked up towards the end. But I just couldn't accept that and couldn't wade through it.

This really upsets me b/c the whole plot SOUNDED so fantastic only to fall flat in my eyes b/c of the characters. I am beginning to realize just how important me being able to relate to the character is important. Even being able to relate on a basic level is important to me. Or hell even liking the characters is important but for some reason I just couldn't with this one.

Maybe I was just in a reading funk. How about you did you like it?

2 Comments:

  1. Shaymless Aymless said...
    I've not tried Ghostland but I've tried some of her other books and had the same problem you did. She just may be an author I cannot appreciate. *sigh*
    Sarai said...
    I think I might be there. She had an excellent idea and plot but the characters made me want to scream. *sigh* I'd hoped if I could just push thorough I would grow to like them but that wasn't the case

Post a Comment