Saturday, May 16, 2009



TITLE: Riding Wild
AUTHOR: Jaci Burton
COPYRIGHT: 2008
TYPE: Erotic Romance
PAGES; 288
SERIES: 1st in a series

REASON FOR READING: Christine and everyone was talking about the latest release so I thought I should join in and at least read the first one.

Summary : {From Goodreads}
He's a Harley-riding ex-thief working undercover for the government. She's a gun-toting ex-socialite hired to protect a valuable museum exhibit. But in her attempt to stop a heist, she never anticipated having her breath and her heart stolen...

Mac Canfield was the last man Lily West expected to see again, never mind aim her gun at. But here he was, the bad boy who'd broken her heart years ago-still a thief, this time high-jacking a priceless artifact--and it was all she could do to push aside the memories of how it felt to have his perfectly chiseled body next to hers.

Mac was no less shocked to see the beautiful girl-next-door all grown up, threatening to shoot him on the spot. Little did she know she was blowing his cover-and now he had to figure out how to get her out of harm's way without succumbing to his crazy desire to take her on a hot trip down memory lane.

Unfortunately, Lily has no intention of going anywhere with Mac. Which means he has to resort to kidnapping. Unless, of course, she agrees to let him take her for the kind of ride destined to drive them both unbelievably wild


THOUGHTS/OPINION:
Okay don’t hold this against me but to be honest I don’t care that much for erotic romance. Usually I can do okay with it when I am so engrossed with the story/plot that I forget about what I’m reading or the sex makes sense. So bare with me through this review b/c while I LOVED the plot and the sex was HAWT. I could’ve done without five or six of the sex scenes. I didn’t think they helped anything in fact a couple of them were just pointless to me (and only me so don’t flay me alive).

Things I enjoyed:
-I enjoyed that Lily was able to fully enjoy sex without any reservations. She knew what she enjoyed in bed and wasn’t scared to try anything new. In other words she wasn’t your typical I love sex but really I have no idea what I’m doing.
-I liked that Mac really did love Lily and always had but thought he wasn’t good enough for her. Those kind of heroes always make me swoon. He’s a bad boy that knows it and only wanted what he thought was the best for Lily.
-I liked that Mac came to realize that only Lily knows what’s good and what isn’t for Lily not him and that he was going to have to let her experience things on her own without being the over protective alpha that doesn’t budge.

Things I didn’t care for: -Like I said above I could’ve done without some of the sex scenes and ended up skimming through most of them (the superficial ones) once they came together as a couple it was perfect.
-Another thing was introducing us to all the guys. I understand for interaction sake it was important and to let us know who the future books were about this was important but still it just seemed unnecessary.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Passing on it b/c it was a library book. If I like the next one I might considering buying but I doubt it. I just don’t do long series anymore.

SCORE: 5 out of 10

Anything Else: If you like erotica this is a fantastic book and I would highly recommend it.

*******
100+ Book Challenge

42 / 100 books. 42% done!

1st in a series challenge


11 / 12 books. 92% done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment