Thursday, April 2, 2009

Whew what a week.

And boy I haven't been on here in a while. Sorry about that. So I finished An Accidental Goddess by Linnea Sinclair the other day. Very good. I will post the review either today or tomorrow.

Can't seem to get through Blood Angel and I'm not sure if its b/c I have to really focus in order to grasp the plot or if it just isn't as good as I remembered. But hey that's what the re-read is for. However, I do need to either write it off soon or finish the damn thing.

My latest read is A Rush of Wings by Adrian Phoenix and I have to say its suprisingly better than I anticipated so that's a relief. Will try to post as I go.
Good reads summary is:
HIS NAME IS DANTE.
Dark. Talented. Beautiful. Star of the rock band Inferno. Rumored owner of the hot New Orleans nightspot Club Hell. Born of the Blood, then broken by an evil beyond imagination.
HIS PAST IS A MYSTERY.
F.B.I. Special Agent Heather Wallace has been tracking a sadistic serial murderer known as the Cross Country Killer, and the trail has led her to New Orleans, Club Hell, and Dante. But the dangerously attractive musician not only resists her investigation, he claims to be "nightkind": in other words, a vampire. Digging into his past for answers reveals little. A juvenile record a mile long. No social security number. No known birth date. In and out of foster homes for most of his life before being taken in by a man named Lucien DeNoir, who appears to guard mysteries of his own.
HIS FUTURE IS CHAOS.
What Heather does know about Dante is that something links him to the killer -- and she's pretty sure that link makes him the CCK's next target. Heather must unravel the truth about this sensual, complicated, vulnerable young man -- who, she begins to believe, may indeed be a vampire -- in order to finally bring a killer to justice. But Dante's past holds a shocking, dangerous secret, and once it is revealed not even Heather will be able to protect him from his destiny....

So as you can see interesting. Snagged my attention right from the get go which is always good. I'm currently on page 75 and still interested enough to want to read it more than at work.
Nothing much going on after that LOL.

6 Comments:

  1. Renee said...
    I've had Blood Angel on my tbbought list for ages. Did you really like it the first time around?

    The Adrian Phoenix is a good one! I've got In the Blood (book 2 in the series) on my TBR shelf, which hopefully I'll start soon. :-)
    Sarai said...
    Renee: Yep I loved it first time around and I think I would like it better this time if I could just find time to sit down and finish it. It's very good but takes some concentration for things to make sense. And my reading style is: 30 minutes here, 5 there, 10 here, ect...
    Sarai said...
    As far as Phoenix I got the book from the library and have to return it tomorrow but they didn't have the 2nd one yet... Maybe I should request it.
    Renee said...
    Oh, good! I worried for a moment about Blood Angel. I told myself that if you were re-reading it, you must like it, but you sounded sort of "meh" with the re-read. It happens that way with me sometimes, too. I figure if I could just have the time to really sit down for a good chunk of time with a book, I'll be able to get really into it. Of course, life being what it its, that doesn't always happen.

    Yeah, I borrowed RoW from the library. It's been almost a year since I read it, and was a pretty complex book with the world building, Dante's background, and the other plot threads. I won the 2nd book over at Fantasy Debut, but sort of wonder if I should re-read RoW to refresh my memory. So, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to request In the Blood while book 1 is still fresh for you. :-)
    Anonymous said...
    I have Accidental Goddess, she is super cool! Have a few of her books actually.

    PS Your blog is looking gorgeous!
    Sarai said...
    Renee yep going to request it ASAP. This might be a book I end up buying just for those reasons. I really like Dante

    Sharrow thank you!
    I really enjoy Linnea Sinclair she is a fantastic author!

Post a Comment