Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So not digging it. I think part of my problem is the badder than thou attitude they all have. Just once I would love to see an urban fantasy character that isn't the bad ass or think she's the bad ass yet still manage to get her butt almost kicked in the first battle.

I'm only a third of the way through so I will admit that it might all change but so far I'm not digging it. An example: The main character thinks going after a girl into the Otherworld is a bad idea. But to just make sure it is she goes and talks to dad. Dad tells her its a bad idea and she shouldn't do it so what does she do?

Yep you guessed it rebels *gasp* no surely not? She decides that she wants to now. That just gets old. I am going to give it one more lunch break but if nothing I will pass on it. Has anyone else read this? If so should I continue? Does it get better or worse?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment