Friday, July 31, 2009

Dracula by Bram Stoker

So Dracula is FREAKING me out. This is a scary book folks GEEZ the simple use of words that are killing me.

The story is told through the diaries of Mina and Jonathon, now Lucy has joined in the fun. It is also told through letters by the Dr. of Crazy people, Art and the Texan that all competed for Lucy's hand. Van Helsing is getting in the action and I have to say I am seriously wigged about a few things.

The first thing that wigged me out was the Jonathon describes Dracula and his hairy palms *shutter*
The second was the ship scene when Dracula is coming over to England from Romania and one by one the crew memebers begin to disappear.
The third time is Reinfield OMG that man is weird.

The writing is wonderful and full of life enough so your imagination can run with it. But not so bogged down with the tree was 5 feet high, green with a slight hint of brown, it's trunk was as thick as an elephants leg and round and rough like *insert roll eyes* that you can't stand reading it.

For those of you who don't know this is my first time reading this and I seriously had to put it away the other night when it was storming I WAS THAT FREAKED! Yikes.

1 Comment:

  1. Shaymless Aymless said...
    LOL! Next thing you know you'll be reading Frankenstein.

    King still freaker than Stoker. Still can't read King at night otherwise I don't sleep because ALL the lights have to be one.

Post a Comment