Thursday, October 8, 2009

I finished a book!!!

Oh yes I did and guess which one it was... Turn Coat by Jim Butcher and yes it rocked and yes I need to post a review but I can't b/c I'm such a HUGE fan of Butcher's series that I need to buy all of his books but I really only want them in hardback which is a HUGE cost but I think it is worth it... Anyway as I was saying a review would be hard because I love this series so much I don't feel like I could do a review justice. I tend to just go on and on about how great it is and really I never see any flaws in it until I've re-read it a dozen times.

I think instead of doing reviews I should focus on my favorite lines. Why you ask? Well b/c with this series we are 11 deep and I really think it will be hard to review this book without giving away the series. A lot of what we read up to this point is very entwined with all the other books so to discuss what happened in this one would give away other books that you may or may not have read. Also this time Butcher did work on some of the past flaws that I hated or annoyed me like constantly referring to the Beetle and describing it in great detail. He didn't repeat or sum up the story line to this point which he shouldn't b/c we are on book 11 and there is no point to sum it up if we don't know where we are odds are we don't care enough to read the first books so why sum us up. We are the ones that have been here the whole time.

Although if you read the review you take that risk no matter what... Needless to say I'm torn do I think it is a good book YES do I think that you should read it YES do you need to read the books in order YES (and I might be alone on that point but I truly feel that in order to understand this series you should really read it in order) Is this a series to invest in YES.

Other than that I think this is by far my favore Dresdan book. LOL not sure if that helped.

2 Comments:

  1. Tracy said...
    Congrats on finishing a book! That's awesome. I like the idea of the favorite lines - very cool.
    Sarai said...
    yeah now I just have to do them LOL

Post a Comment