Tuesday, December 30, 2008

On page


70 of The Lady Elizabeth and I have to say things are picking up. I honestly didn't know that Elizabeth had so many bad things happen to her in her life at such a short time. No wonder she had a fear of getting attached. First she learned at 4 that her mother was killed by her father, then another woman Queen Jane dies after forming an attachment, then her governess leaves her to attend the prince. All of these things are major to a little girl who doesn't have a place nor a mother to love her. Its no wonder how she formed some of her thoughts (and before you flip out yes I know this is all spectulation but at the same time they did all die when she was young that has to be hard on a child.)


Needless to say I am really enjoying this book and I highly recommend it!

3 Comments:

  1. Shaymless Aymless said...
    Cool... but isn't Allison Weir more dramatized non-fiction since it is about real people and their lives with real facts and all?
    The Bookworm said...
    Sarai said...
    Aymless I'm not sure what dramatized non-fiction means I do know she is trying her hand at fiction after writing a bunch of non-fictiona and she mentions that a lot of what she writes (the early lives of these women is highly unknown) so I guess?

    Naida: It is I am really enjoying it.

Post a Comment