Monday, December 29, 2008


This is book 2 for Alison Weir's fiction books. She wrote The Lady Jane Grey which I reviewed as I read here a few post back. I rec'd this book for Christmas and I knew it would be the perfect book to get me back into reading for the New Year. So far I'm on page 25ish give or take and we are being told this book from what I believe to be Elizabeth's POV at around 3.
It is coming across as if someone is telling a story and I believe it to be Elizabeth but I'm not certain. Although I know she is around the age of 3 or 4 b/c she has just been told by her older sister Mary that her mother has been killed. It is refreshing to see what a young child might think during this time and even though I know it isn't pure fact I still find it mighty interesting the things that have happened to Elizabeth and I would like to image that maybe, just maybe she did react this way. Not to mention how interesting it is to watch her become the Queen we all know so much about.

3 Comments:

  1. Shaymless Aymless said...
    Hmm... I read some of her earlier stuff and like it. But I like historical at time.

    So you get everything you wanted book-wise for x-mas?
    Sarai said...
    I did and didn't I still have a birthday coming up though. I am really hoping for gift cards but I am trying to be good at the same time.
    Shaymless Aymless said...
    If need "help" acquiring some of the older ones (Kinley McGregor) I can "help" *wink*

Post a Comment