Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I have to admit that when reading the first 2 in this series I really didn't pay that much attention to Poppy and I now regret that. What a wonderful heroine she turned out to be! I loved her story. She just turned out to be one of those characters you can't help but love. Even when she was wrong or wronged she still maintained a calm around her.

The hero was good and I love that Kleypas always makes them both say their sorry for acting a certain way! Especially in this situation where both were at fault. The background story and the twist involving Marks was wonderful.

If I had to give one complaint about this story it would be all the back story that she kept giving us. I understand that some people will just pick up this book and not have read the story but seriously I don't think its needed we would have been fine without it even if we hadn't read the entire series.

I did love that the original wallflowers were not mentioned this time it was solely based on the Hathaways
Can't wait for Leo's story!

Has anyone else read this story? What did you think?

5 Comments:

  1. Tracy said...
    Good review! Yes, I liked this one too. Don't feel bad about not paying too much attention to Poppy in previous books - she just wasn't in there much.

    This is what I said on my blog:
    Although I felt that Harry was a bit rough around the edges I liked his character a lot. Poppy was good for him and I liked seeing his transformation. I could have done without the last bit that was added in there (and if you’ve read the book you’ll know which bit I’m talking about) but it wasn’t awful – just unnecessary in my opinion.

    I gave it a 4.5 out of 5
    Leslie said...
    That's funny that you mention not paying attention to Poppy because I kind of forgot about her too. LOL

    I've got this on the tbr pile - really need to get to it. Maybe right before Leo's book comes out.

    Nice review. :)
    Sarai said...
    Tracy: I agree that last part drove me insane its the same with every historical romance though you would think I was use to it by now.

    Leslie: Thanks considering this is the shortest one I wrote I happen to think it was one of the best ;)
    Anonymous said...
    Sarai! I am so behind in my blog hopping. I'm sorry I missed you last post over at TOAAR. I'm glad you are still going to be posting here. I'll add this blog to my blogroll. I hope all is well.
    Barb said...
    I agree! I loved Poppy! I was not looking forward to Leo's book for some reason, but I loved it!! I cried for the last 50 or so pages. I thought the whole set was a wonderful collection!

Post a Comment